Now that we are a few of days into 2014, I'd like to share a few of my goals for the year with you. I've never been a hard-core goal person as I like to remain open to what life may bring. But I do think it's important to know what you're working towards and plan the steps it takes to achieve it.It's also important to verbalize your goals to others and not just keep them in your head.
So here they are, in no particular order.
- Physical: I'm just now getting back in to the swing of things with exercise post-Benjamin. It's starting to feel very good to push myself again in the gym and begin to run. So my goals for my fitness this year are to be able to hold crane pose in yoga, run the River Run 15K here in Jacksonville in March, and try stand-up paddle boarding this summer. I want to be stronger by the end of 2014.
- Blog: I have to be honest - I want to increase the number of people I am reaching through FFP. I want to write content and develop recipes that people actually use in their day to day life. I also want to improve in my food photography. I'm hoping to purchase a DSLR camera this year, which will help with this goal tremendously. I also want to learn how to use Photoshop, which I've had on my computer for over a year. Lastly, I hope to continue to connect with food companies, food producers, and farmers to bring you giveaways, solid reviews and the truth about our food system.
- Media: I want to continue working on TV here in North Florida monthly and also pursue opportunities on a national level.
- Knowledge: I am studying for the re-certification test for my credentialing as a Certified Specialist in Sports Dietitics (the CSSD after my name) and hope to pass the test in February. I'm already enjoying re-reading my manuals and adding to my sport nutrition knowledge.
- Food: It is always my goal to taste new foods, learn about new ways to prepare food, and try restaurants that inspire me in my own kitchen. I'd like to take a cooking class at some point this year and try new restaurants both locally and beyond.
- Gardening: Every year I try to improve my green-ish thumb. My goal for this year is to add a raised bed to my garden and try some veggies I have not grown before.
Have you thought about your goals yet? What are you working towards this year? Please share with me in the comments. I'd love to hear them.
Happy New Year!